Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Long Weekend: Part 2

On Black Friday Michelle and I avoided the insanity of the malls by going to the small town of Snohomish, which has a fun main street full of old buildings housing independently owned antique shops, boutiques/gift shops, and cafes.  So much more relaxing, totally uncrowded, and though I didn't buy anything, I thoroughly enjoyed looking at stuff that isn't the same stuff you see for sale everywhere else.


There's a large antique mall that is one of our favorites:


Some of it is antique and some vintage -- I always enjoy the odd mix of items available.


Another favorite is Pegasus, which has a lot of vintage memorabilia, much of it car-related or TV/Movie collectibles, or just wacky fun things:


They also have a vintage cafe (hot dogs and sodas, of course).


At our final favorite shop, Michelle found a terrific mid-century modern salt-and-pepper shaker set and could not resist.  Plus, it was on sale.  Can't go wrong there!


A most enjoyable excursion.

1 comment:

  1. Fun fun fun!! That's my kind of shopping too. I HATE crowds and I never go anywhere on Black Friday unless it's the poker room LOL. Looks like a great place.

    ReplyDelete