Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Briefly: Truman Goes to the Library

They should probably give Truman his own library card, he goes so often.  It's one of our favorite walks at a mere eight blocks one way, or rather, "stroll-walk", since he won't walk away from his home, only towards it. So he goes in the stroller on the way there, and walks back.

I have a strict rule about taking Tru places:  NEVER leave him unattended in the car, or in his stroller unless I can see him the entire time.  Luckily, our neighborhood library has the perfect configuration.  I can't take him inside the library proper, but it sits within a larger building that I can take him into and set his stroller in the corridor just outside the library -- which has glass walls.  The two areas I go to, the Hold shelves and the Checkout counter, are right on the other side of the glass.


Not only is he in view the whole time, but I try to time our visits when Caroline is working.  She's our favorite librarian because she adores Truman, and will come into the corridor to keep him company while I'm checking out books.  That's what I call public service!

I dump my books in the stroller and dump Tru out so he can walk home.  Here he is stopping to check out smells -- notice the leaves by his tail?  His tail is like Velcro, and he has actually picked those leaves up and is carrying them with him.  Everything sticks to his tail.


See -- here he is running towards home, with the leaves still attached.


Sometimes he acquires twigs as well.  Great fun.  You should see the floor of my car.  Well, no, you shouldn't.  It's like a forest bed in there.

That's all for today!

1 comment:

  1. That's so cute! I remember my longhaired dog bringing all kinds of goodies into the house. Fun. Glad Truman loves to walk home or you would have to carry all the books LOL.

    ReplyDelete