Monday, November 9, 2015

Briefly: garden update

We had rain again most of the weekend so again there was very little outdoor activity, so I'm going to try to stretch the few photos I took during the few breaks in the weather over as many days as I can.

Here is a brief garden update -- yes, there are things still in bloom, because this is the Pacific Northwest and it's only mid-November.  Granted, there aren't a lot of things in bloom, and I suspect some of them to be weeds, but hey, maybe it's better to have a few pretty weeds than no flowers at all.

I planted these snapdragons in May.  They didn't bloom until August.  They are still blooming.  Go figure.


Not a flower, but a lovely fall color now on the Japanese Maple:


This is my favorite floribunda rose, which has been in continuous bloom since late May:


The white flowers in between the hostas are what I think is a weed -- I certainly didn't plant it, though it is attractive, so maybe I did.  Who knows?  It's blooming, and that means I'm keeping it for now!



5 comments:

  1. The white flowers look a bit like chamomile to me, but I'm not so sure that you should brew it into a cup of herbal tea. I have some salvia that continues to bloom, and one of the camellias had a new flower on it a week or two back. I've got some tomatoes that have finally ripened too.

    Is there *ever* going to be a not-rainy weekend? I'd like to get to the Fill one of these days without being soaked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomatoes in November? What is the world coming to?
      Yes, we will have a sunny weekend just precisely when it is 30 degrees outside. Or when the next home Husky football game ties up traffic. Bah!

      Delete
    2. I can deal with the cold temperatures. I think. But I suspect that it will be sunny only when I'm out of town or sick in bed.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. It's nice that you get so much color basically year round. I like the weeds if that's what they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love snapdraons, just bought some seeds myself. I also noticed a little black and tan flower in the last pic.

    ReplyDelete