Thursday, May 11, 2017

Catching Up at Home

When I got back home from my vacation, the sun was shining and it was WARM for three whole days in a row!  Whee!!!

So I had to get out to sketch.  Nicole and I ventured out on Tuesday to the Richmond Beach neighborhood a little ways north, where we checked out a small park.


Next door to the park was a small cemetery with some nicely spaced statues.  For this drawing I used Tombow water-soluble gray pens plus a little watercolor for the tree.


On Wednesday morning Truman and I checked out the Montlake Fill.  The Osprey pair were there--the female, Lacey, was sitting in a tree, and the male, Chester, flew in and landed on top of her.


He rested there briefly before using her as a launch pad to fly to the next branch over.



Meanwhile, the two coyotes were still around -- they were snoozing on a bank, though keeping a watchful eye out for interlopers.


We also saw a lovely Cinnamon Teal.


The swallows were flitting about everywhere -- this Tree Swallow paused for a moment to give us a nice view.

On our way out, we paused to admire the perennial garden at the Center for Urban Horticulture.



Today the rain is scheduled to return, and there is rain in the forecast for the next five days.  It must be Spring in Seattle.  Last night I spent quite some time on zillow.com, the real estate site, doing some fantasy home shopping in the southwestern states.  Goodness, I could buy a 3-bedroom, 1-3/4 bath home with a pool in Tucson for half the value of my current home!  If only I had friends there.  Oh, well.

Then again, with a pool in the yard and all that sunshine, maybe I'd get my friends to come visit a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment