Friday, March 20, 2015

Spring Has Sprung

Well, as is typical for Seattle in Spring, it is overcast today, but in honor of the new season, I went outside and took photos of my garden anyway.  There are always things blooming, though I expect to have sunnier, more flowery photos to show later in the season.

As always, the native currant (Ribes sanguineum) off my back patio is spectacular in early Spring:


A friend gave me bird ornaments for Christmas -- after I'd taken the tree down (it was a rather late gift...) so I hung them from the Ribes:


Here's a shot of the spirea off my carport -- and remember, folks, you can always click on photos here to open a larger version!


Next I tried to take a photo of the vinca (AKA periwinkle) that I planted last fall near the faux woodland stream, but someone got in the shot:


So I took a photo of the little pansy violets (what I call "Johnny Jump-Ups") in the flower bed instead:


Then I tried for another photo of the vinca....


So I went out to the front garden to snap a pic of the quince:


And then back to the vinca...I think this is the best I'm going to get of this plant:


I hope you are all enjoying the first day of Spring.  I know Truman is!

1 comment:

  1. Your yard is gorgeous and I'm glad Truman enjoys it so much. We are having great weather here so the first day of Spring is only noticeable to me because it's Crystal's birthday. It's been so nice that we decided to have a yard sale next weekend. Hope it keeps up!

    ReplyDelete