Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Morning Walk with Sketches

For today's morning walk, Truman and I stayed close to home.  We headed up 130th to the Olympic Hills Elementary construction site.  Along the way, we naturally came across yet another Little Free Library stand.


Next we spotted a somewhat different attempt at front yard decor.


We also spotted this fabulous palm tree.


At the construction site, I found a view for a quick sketch.



Truman didn't care for the noise, so we moved along to a quieter spot where a backhoe was sitting idle.


After finishing the ink drawing, I debated whether to add color.  It's always a good idea to take a photo of the ink drawing before potentially ruining it.


Except for not making the cab tall enough, this drawing turned out pretty well.  I decided to go ahead and add color, which I think also turned out okay.


And that was it for our morning adventure.

1 comment:

  1. I just love those little free libraries! I'm surprised that a palm tree would grow so big in Seattle. It does get cold there after all. Maybe it's a semi-tropical variety? It's gorgeous. That backhoe (with color) was cool too.

    ReplyDelete