Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Two sketches and a lot of Truman

Not a lot to report today -- it's been hot here and when it gets above 80 I tend to lie low.  But back on Sunday, Tina and went to Bothell Country Village to do a little sketching -- this is a collection of old buildings turned into shops, with a pond, stream, and interesting sculptures, and a lot of ducks and chickens running around.  We weren't there very long -- I had time for two drawings, one of the back side of a few buildings which I did in ink:


The second drawing I did in pencil -- I rarely use pencil, preferring to draw directly with ink -- but pencil works well for subjects that need to be accurate:


As I said, it's been above 80 (88 on Monday!), so Truman and I have been mostly at home of late, gardening and walking in the morning while it's not too hot, and then just hanging out.  He does love his yard!








Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment