Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Rain Rain Go Away

Average total rainfall in Seattle from October 1 to March 15:  around 26 inches.

Total rainfall in Seattle from October 1, 2016 to March 15, 2017:  over 36 inches.

Number of completely clear sunny days (not partials -- thank goodness we've had those) in Seattle since October 1:  three.

Yes, that's right.  Three.  It was on KOMO news, so it must be true, right?

This is Truman looking out the front window, wondering when the rain will end:


And this is Truman after I read him the forecast for the next four days:


I'll admit that this Winter has been tougher to deal with than my first Winter in retirement.  I was able to get out and about more then.  Being housebound has been challenging.  I did enjoy the needlepoint project very much, but all that intensely close work made my neck hurt.   As for going somewhere to sketch indoors, that mostly means People, and you know how I feel about sketching People.  Blah.

I did get out yesterday for my annual eye exam (where everything was tickety-boo), and they let me hang out in the exam room for a little while afterwards so I could draw one of the cool pieces of equipment:


This morning a friend wants to meet up at Starbuck's, so I guess I will go there and draw People.  Blah.

Truman will just have to stay home and mope while staring out the window, which is precisely what he is doing right now.

Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am so bummed you have all that rain she said sarcastically. I'm thinking back to how you were able to sunbathe in your backyard in winter while we were just HATING snow over here. I have no sympathy. Except for Truman. Poor puppy looks so unhappy. Seriously, though, I hope your weather gets better soon. Cabin fever is no fun.

    ReplyDelete