Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Running out of room

It's rather a pity that I chose to put embossed wallpaper on three of the walls here at Dog End, because if I hadn't, I'd have three more walls to paint murals on.  Sigh.  As it is, I've covered the other walls and now, during rainy weeks, have been adding smaller decorative stuff to the areas around the door and window frames.  And I'm just about out of space there.

There are the ceilings, of course...but I'm not physically agile enough to tackle those.  This is probably a good thing.

Here is what I painted during the recent rainy days, next to the front door and below the leafy bits I painted earlier.

I started by looking through a field guide for birds that might look nice on grassy/twiggy stems.  Blackbirds won out.



This was because I figured grass/reeds would look nice coming up from the floor.


There are two female and one male Red-winged Blackbirds, with a Western Meadowlark below.  Meadowlarks are in the same family as blackbirds.


Here is the whole wall:


I could continue across the wall below the window with shorter grasses and wildflowers....but during the warmer months that area is covered by the sofa.  I might do it anyway, and just not see it half the year--that way, every fall, when I move the sofa away from the window, there will be a lovely re-emergence of the flowers.  We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. Nw you have the beautifulnbirds in the grases I no longer like the leaves at the top, sorry, it needs something but I don't know what...

    ReplyDelete