Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Random birds, dogs, and sketches

Here is the usual weekly stuff that didn't fit neatly into a single post on one topic:

BIRDS

The swallows are back!  I've seen Tree Swallows and Violet-green Swallows swooping around the Fill.  Also spotted these Tree Swallows at Magnuson Park wetlands.



DOGS

Winston and Chloe are hanging around my house -- Truman is always delighted to have company.









ART

On Tuesday, Nicole and I tootled up the road to Sky Nursery for a little drawing and a little plant shopping.  First, I found a seat near the statuary section -- this was a collection of Asian-themed items:


Then I found another handy bench near a plant display that proved to be a bit complex:


The rest of this week may not be terribly exciting, at least in terms of getting photos of fun stuff, as I will be spending a lot of time at the UW library special collections room doing research for the Seattle Audubon Society's commemorative centennial book.  I got a start on it yesterday afternoon, sifting through the documents donated by a former president of the society who apparently never threw any tiny scrap of paper away.  Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment