Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Up Up and Away

This past Saturday, Tina and I ventured down to the waterfront to take a ride on this:



The Great Wheel is a 175-foot ferris wheel, one of three large wheels in North America and the only one to extend partly over water.  The gondolas are very comfy, the ride goes around 3-4 times and lasts about 15 minutes (and you get to stop several times as they let people in and out for the next ride).  The ride was so smooth that the first time we got to the top, I didn't even notice that we were at the top.



The views were fabulous:


In the photo above, you can see a Norwegian Cruise Lines ship in the distance...I so wanted to hop on board and go back to Alaska.


Above:  Qwest Field, Safeco Field, ferry...and Mt. Rainier.
Below:  Tina snaps pics of the same view.


We had our gondola all to ourselves, having hit the ride early enough to avoid a big crowd.  Great fun.  And afterwards, we visited the Seattle Aquarium right next door -- pictures from that will be posted here tomorrow.  Here's a teaser for you:


1 comment:

  1. I am SO jealous! Looks like great fun. One of these days I will ever get up there again and have time to do some entertaining stuff instead of hanging out at hospitals. I did get to play putt putt golf the last time I was up there so that was something - ha!

    ReplyDelete