Friday, June 12, 2015

Back to the Birds

In addition to ferris wheels, aquariums, baseball games, and gardening this past weekend, I also managed to get down to the Montlake Fill to check out the Cliff Swallow nests (under the roof on the NE corner of the farthest north IMA building):





Here's a very short (really, only 13 seconds) video showing swallows entering and leaving a nest:


I've also been encountering fledgling birds on campus this week.  I'm not very good at identifying youngsters, though I'm fairly certain this one is a young Song Sparrow:


And this is a different fledgling that was hanging out near the Song Sparrow, looking a bit different, but probably another one, although it may possibly be a White-crowned Sparrow fledgling instead:




Opinions welcomed!  I've seen adults of both species in this particular area.

Looks like we'll have a sunny Saturday and I have no firm plans so far.  Happy almost weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment