Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Travels with Truman, Part 2

On Sunday Truman and I went to the Fill again, where we admired Mallard ducklings:


As well as this male Cinnamon Teal:


Then we dashed home, packed a picnic lunch, and headed off to Golden Gardens Park to hang out on the beach.


I had Truman's stroller because I knew he would refuse to go for more than one walk in a day, and also it is very handy for toting art supplies around.  We found a perfectly situated bench right near the end of the path leading to the beach:


I had lunch, sketching supplies, a dog, a view of Puget Sound from a sandy beach, and plenty of sunshine.  It doesn't get much better.  Plus boats!  One in particular had fabulous sails:


Truman kept trying to climb onto my lap as I sketched, but I managed to do a quick pen and watercolor of our view despite his best efforts.


Notice how I somehow neglected to include the people who were walking up and down the shore.  It's just easier that way.  And there weren't that many of them anyway.

I think Truman approved of the outing, all in all.


1 comment:

  1. Ah, baby ducklings. Is there anything cuter - except maybe Truman? Glad you had a nice day. Those sails are cool!

    ReplyDelete