Monday, October 5, 2015

Taking advantage of the weather

It was in the high 60s on Saturday and the low 70s on Sunday, with plenty of sunshine both days, so I got out and about as much as possible.

The Northend Urban Sketchers were down from three to two -- Nicole, sadly, was out of town (though perhaps only for us -- I trust she enjoyed her own adventures), so Tina and I hung out sketching both days all by our lonesomes.  Though not entirely -- we took along her dog Ocean and my dog Truman on combination dog walks and sketch outings.  Activities are always better with dogs!

Our first stop on Saturday was Calvary Cemetery, where I'd sketched earlier.  After a short dog walk, we tried to get the hounds to settle down while we drew.


It took a while for Ocean to settle down. She was more interested in Truman and his stroller.



She finally settled down, and we got to work.


This is my favorite statue here -- I'd photographed in several years ago.  I couldn't find it on my previous visit, so was very happy we stumbled upon it this time.


I started it too big and ran out of space for the whole statue, and didn't quite capture its lovely melancholy, so I want to go back and try again some day.


Next we headed over to the Center for Urban Horticulture.  Will post about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment