Monday, January 16, 2017

Yes, I Have Been Drawing Every Day

I am batting a thousand on the "drawing a day" notion for 2017!  I haven't posted every drawing here, as a few of them are less than stellar.  For example, this chickadee didn't seem as much like a chickadee as I would have liked it to:


And this very rapidly drawn sketch of the bird feeder left something to be desired:


This junco was better, though still rather rough:


One morning I drew the banana I was eating.  It's okay, just not terribly exciting:


Another day, I did a quick watercolor study of the neighbor's trees:


Last Friday I put out peanuts to attract critters to the front yard so I'd have something to draw.  These turned out better -- mostly crows, with a Spotted Towhee in the mix:


More crows:

A Steller's Jay:


And finally, more crows plus a random squirrel:


I did get out of the house for a sketch outing or two over the weekend - stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment