Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Sketch Outings Here and There

Last Sunday Tina and I went out in search of boats.  I have a horrible time trying to draw boats, and the only way to get better is to keep trying.  We headed to the Edmonds marina, where I was immediately attracted to a rather odd looking little craft.


You don't see too many boats with trees growing on them, so of course I had to sketch it!


A restaurant at the marina featured a band on the plaza, so I went over to draw them.


Next we stopped in at Sky Nursery in Shoreline, which was hosting the annual Dahlia Association show.




There was nowhere to sit to draw dahlias, so we went into another area to do a little more sketching.



I also got in a bit of sketching yesterday when I went to Capitol Hill to pick up my new hearing aid.  I arrived a good twenty minutes early, so I stopped at the clinic's plaza and drew the fountain there:


Then I tootled over to the hearing aid center.  I'd been there back in July for an initial assessment, and at that time I started a drawing of the waiting room which I never finished, so at yesterday's appointment, I managed to complete it:


On my walk back to the bus stop, I noticed a small community "P-Patch" garden and just had to check it out.  There was a handy bench by the tool shed, so I did a quick drawing before heading on home.


The forecast does not look good for outdoor activities for the next few days, so this blog may not be updated until good weather returns.  Or maybe I'll just take lots of photos of Truman!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you are a sketching maniac! I liked the boat a lot. Glad the hearing aids are helping you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of Truman photos are always good also your garden, even in awful weather.

    ReplyDelete