Monday, May 2, 2016

Retro Richland

I'm visiting family in Richland, AKA The Atomic City (due to being part of the Manhattan Project), and one of the highlights of a visit here is to check out the Uptown Shopping Center.


Built in 1949, it comprises several blocks of connected shops -- quite a few antique malls, a wonderful book/comic/gaming store, restaurants, gift shops, thrift stores, a barber, etc., plus the Spudnut Shop where they've been making donuts out of potato flour for a long, long time.



New this year are a series of murals painted in retro 1950s style.  Truman and I had fun checking them out:





The book store also has a cool mural all its own:


Always a treat to stroll around Uptown.

Truman and I also enjoy going to Leslie Groves Park, which stretches for several miles along the Columbia River.



For Truman, water = wading!


We had a lovely walk and a relaxing rest there.


I've been busy here painting a mural on my mother's garage wall.  More about that project coming later in the week.

1 comment:

  1. Well I guess I'm going to have to attempt a walk around the Uptown Shopping Center just to check out stuff I haven't seen. I never get over there. Great photos! I love those murals.

    ReplyDelete