Tuesday, January 19, 2016

More of the usual...birds, dog, art

These first pics are from a few days ago -- Truman and I went to the Montlake Fill last Thursday on one of the few sunny days we've had here of late.

I saw a bird fly up to the top of a small tree and thought at first it was a lighter-than-usual Song Sparrow, but on closer inspection it turned out to be a lovely Lincoln's Sparrow, which visit us only in Winter:


In the alder grove I saw this Bewick's Wren, which presented a silhouette due to being backlit:


The rest of the birds (we had 27 species that morning) declined to have their photos taken.  Truman, however, was happy to pose by Shoveler's Pond:


We stopped by the slough:


And a little later on, Truman posed again to make up for the lack of cooperative birds:


This next photo is from last Sunday, when I tried to watch the Seahawks playoff game, and decided it was too painful.  So I turned the sound down and distracted myself by sketching this barn from a photo I'd taken up in the Skagit:


And this last photo is also from Sunday, which was a bit rainy.  Truman and I went for a short walk during a break in the rain, and here he is right after we returned, back in  his favorite spot:


I think he is wondering why I am annoyed at the television set, where the football game is still playing.  All I can say about that is, "I miss baseball!"

1 comment:

  1. I miss baseball too! However, pitchers and catchers report to spring training in just over one month. It's getting closer!!!!!

    ReplyDelete