Friday, January 15, 2016

A Foggy Morning

I snapped these photos a week ago Saturday -- I waited to post them on the theory that the Skagit pics were much more interesting.

On this week-ago Saturday, the sun was shining and the skies were perfectly blue over my neighborhood, so I hopped in the car and tootled down to the Fill...a mere four and a half miles away...to find this:


It was not sunny.  There were no blue skies.  Not exactly good birding conditions.  Oh, well.  I decided on a brisk walk around the Loop Trail during which I would take pictures of Foggy Stuff instead of birds.

Truman decided early on that the Fog and the Cold were Not to His Liking, and that he preferred to ride in his limo.


Here is a spot known as East Point.  It is a Point because  it sticks out into Lake Washington.  Yes, there is a lake out there just beyond the foggy trees.  Somewhere.  Honest.


See?  Here it is!  A foggy lake with a foggy log with a foggy cormorant adorning it:


Here is Truman admiring the foggy Southwest Pond:


You can actually see the water in this one.


When we drove home, we discovered that the blanket of fog had spread all the way back to our neighborhood.

What we need is a weather webcam at the Montlake Fill, so if it is sunny and clear at my home, I can check to see if it is sunny and clear at the Fill before I head off.

Happy Friday to those of you who are still working!

1 comment:

  1. A change is as good as a holiday, they say. Nice foggy photos anyway, Truman has it made.

    ReplyDelete