Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Merganser, part two

I did a little work on the Common Merganser acrylic painting yesterday evening, mostly to just put down a mid-tone over the body and play around with a few feather colors.

Today I popped into the Artist and Craftsman Supply store in the U-District on my lunch hour to pick up a few other colors and a better brush.  This evening I finished it (for now, anyway, as there's one area I'd like to smooth out a bit). Here I'm testing out new colors and adding details and highlights here and there:

And here it is looking a bit messy as I fuss even more with getting the colors right, and putting lots more detail in:

And finally, here it is now, and I'm about 95% pleased with the results, though may refine it some more when I'm not so tired!

Not bad if I do say so myself.  

My new oil paints arrived today -- can't wait to see what I can do with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment