I added more leaves to the tree (I think that's done now), and filled out the cattails and grasses along the shore.
I think I'll test out some ducks on the right hand side of the pond -- that way if they don't work out, they'll get covered up by the book shelf. Handy! Although the more I work on this, the more I'm wondering if I want to put back the book shelf on the right hand wall. But I don't have room for it anywhere else in the house and it holds half of my art supplies. Oh, dear.....
Anyway, here is the updated view of the main area:
I also decided the wall to the left of the window would need some continuation, so I added pond and rocks and plants over there:
I'm thinking that a bird or two in flight would look nice over on that side -- maybe a Killdeer coming in to land, and a swallow heading off into the wild blue yonder.