Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Back to the Beach

One thing I missed while in the Tri-Cities was the Puget Sound beaches, so yesterday Truman and I went to Richmond Beach park in Shoreline, a lovely quiet spot where dogs area allowed on the beach (unlike in unenlightened Seattle).


I did some sketching there, and every time I sat down Truman tried to climb up on my lap.  Normally he would sit in his stroller while I drew, but the stroller can't navigate the sand and rocks so he had to do without.


Success!


I saw two birders with scopes on the beach below the bluff I was sitting on, and managed a quick sketch.




Farther down on the beach I found this guy stacking rocks on top of old pilings.


He was quite good at it, and I decided he and his creations needed to be sketched.



What a splendid way to spend a late summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment