Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Cold-Blooded Sketching

For a bit of fun on the Fourth, Tina, Nicole and I visited the Reptile Zoo in Monroe.  I didn't get great photos as I didn't want to use the flash, so here are a few so-so pics:

Florida Softshell Turtle

Morelet's Crocodile giving me the evil eye

Rocko the Cuban Rock Iguana

Panther Chameleon

Barnabus the alligator

I tried to sketch a tortoise, but it kept moving its head and I gave up.  So then I had an idea--instead of drawing individual animals as I'd done on two previous visits, why not try giving an overview of the place?

I found a handy seat near Barnabus and spent a happy hour drawing his enclosure and the surrounding exhibits.  This is maybe one-fourth of the total zoo space.


Afterwards we ate lunch at Thai on Main Street--if you ever find yourself in Monroe, go there--it was absolutely amazing food.  I even ate the side salad, it was that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment