Monday, February 12, 2018

At the beach

 Last Monday there was a brief clearing of the gray and the drizzle -- not exactly sunny, but close enough, so I took Pippin for his first beach experience.


He wasn't too sure what to make of the sand, but eventually he figured out that the beach smelled really interesting, and enjoyed himself immensely.





Truman enjoyed himself as well.




They were nicely pooped out afterwards.


On Thursday we had a visit from Winston, who is slowly adjusting to Pippin.


Pip has acquired a harness -- I was able to borrow one from Tina which will work fine until he is fully grown and can fit into Bodie's old one.



As for sketching, it was tough going.  We had mostly gray skies and drizzly showers all week long.  One day I just parked myself in front of my living room window and drew the house across the street, which is boarded up to deter squatters while the guy who bought it works to fix it up.  That's his teensy "smart car" in the driveway.


Yesterday the sun came out!  It was gorgeous!  And COLD!!!  So there was still no outdoor sketching.  Nicole and Tina and I drove around the Greenwood neighborhood for a while, searching for something to draw from inside the car, but gave up when we couldn't find any place to park.  We wound up at a coffee shop instead.

The view from my seat:

Random patrons:

The front counter:

Today it is brilliantly sunny again, and of course, far too cold.  I'm planning to drive around randomly to see if there is anything I can park near that is sketchable.  Someday it will be both sunny and warm. 

Today is not that day.

4 comments:

  1. Way too much cuteness here -- how do you get out of the house when you could spend all day just looking at those two DoGs being themselves??? "Pup Sees The Beach For The First Time" would take me all day to process and, Oh, what a noble profile on Mr. Truman! I am smitten.

    Great people sketches. The coffee shop is filled with subject matter, I see, and muffins too. We don't have coffee shops in this part of Long Island, but we do have some awesome diners WITH BARS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Seattle...there are coffee shops inside other coffee shops here...well, perhaps I exaggerate *just* a tad.

      Mostly I *don't* get out of the house unless the Noble Hounds are with me, for, as you note, it is difficult not to have them to look at every minute of the day. In August I'm taking them out to Cannon Beach on the Oregon Coast -- miles of sand! That should prove highly entertaining.

      Thank you for stopping by! I typically post once a week on Mondays, lots of DoG pics, some sketching, maybe a bird or two. Nothing earth-shattering--it doesn't take a lot to amuse me. Hope you'll stop by again.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duplicate comment by V. Swift removed due to redundancy. Goodness knows we have enough redundancy these days.

    ReplyDelete