Monday, December 11, 2017

PUPPY!!!

After thinking about it for a good two years, I finally broke down and got Truman a new friend.


The breeder called him Thumper, but after half a day or so, we decided his real name is Pippin.


However, before I post a lot of puppy pics, I did actually get some drawing in this past week -- something that may not happen again for a while.  Puppies take up a lot of time and energy and don't like to be left alone!

Anyway, Nicole and I got out to Richmond Beach and to a cemetery for some cozy sketching from inside the car.


I tried the view of the Olympics across the Sound with both ink drawing first and without.


Nicole found this tree at the cemetery attractive.  We were surprised at how many leaves are still on some of the trees.


On another of the other COLD days here, I practiced a still life drawing using a small selection from my vast dachshund curio collection.


And on two other COLD days, I sat on the sofa and drew everything I could see from it, and then I sat in the armchair and drew everything I could see from there.  Because I draw directly in ink, things turned out a bit wonky here and there, and not everything is in proper proportion, but I rather like that effect.



Okay, now here is what you really want to see--puppy!


Truman is not too sure yet about this little interloper who has invaded his territory.


Pippin adores Truman, however, and follows him everywhere.


Tru is curious, though cautious.  He's not too keen yet on the pup's rambunctious nature and his sharp little puppy teeth.

We went on our first outing in the car, a ten-minute ride to the pet supply store, during which Pip whimpered the entire way.  Oh joy.


Back home, the cautious curiosity continues.


Along with resignation....


Pippin has some favorite toys, including this tug toy:


But his absolute favorite is the chipmunk, which he brutally attacks and conquers:




Someday these two will be best friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment