Monday, December 4, 2017

Another wintry week

I know it's not officially Winter yet but it might as well be, what with the constant gray cloud cover and the rain and the cooler days.  It certainly doesn't feel like Autumn, anyway.

In between the rain showers, I managed to get Truman out for walks.  One day we even ventured a little farther out than the neighborhood -- we went to Log Boom Park in Kenmore.


This is a pleasant little spot, often uncrowded (even in Summer).


There were plenty of cormorants out on the old pilings.


The park is just off the Burke-Gilman Trail.  I like to park at the north end of Lake Forest Park Town Center, cross the street to reach the Trail, and then walk along it for one mile to reach the park.  The park itself is small -- the main attraction is the lengthy dock, which is great for waterfowl watching.


There was a good-sized flock of Canvasback ducks on the lake -- they visit only in wintry months.



As for art this past week, I practiced on still lifes either at home or at Tina's.  Here is one that I liked, using the same technique learned in the recent online class that I took.


In dog news, I forced Truman to sit on Santa's lap, and he was not happy about it.  There are always a lot of "pets with Santa" photo shoots at this WINTRY time of year, to benefit various rescue organizations and shelters.  This one was to benefit one of my favorite rescue groups, Old Dog Haven.

And finally, the breeder sent me this pic of the puppies getting their health check at the vet's -- a whole basketful of fun!  Thumper is second from the left.


He is ready for his new home anytime on/after December 10.  I've explained to Truman that he is going to have to share his toys, but so far, he does not appear to be listening.  We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy! Looking forward to many photos of Thumper (and Truman of course). Sure hope it all goes off without a hitch.

    ReplyDelete