Monday, December 25, 2017

On Christmas Day in the Morning

SNOW!!!

It started snowing yesterday afternoon!  This morning there is a good 3 inches of the stuff.  It's been ten years since we had a white Christmas.  Pippin was confused, but then he boldly went out in it. 


It's supposed to melt soon and turn to rain. 

Okay, back to the usual stuff:  art and dogs.  First, here are the sketches and paintings I did this week:

An ink brush experiment, from a photo I took in Discovery Park.

Another experiment using different tones of gray brushes--this is a Japanese garden in Ellensburg.

More practice from photos -- Coldwater Spring in Minneapolis.

On Friday, Tina and Truman and Pippin and I joined the Seattle Urban Sketchers at Swanson's Nursery, where I painted this display.  A customer admired the red display case so much that I feared she would buy it before I could finish.  But I got it done in time (she did buy it afterwards....whew!)

A view of a construction site at a church, drawn from inside the comfort of the car.

On Sunday Tina and Truman and Pippin and I went to Washelli Cemetery again to look for good trees to sketch, again from inside the nice, warm car.  (30 degrees outside!)



Finally, another piece done from a photo -- I decided to try just watercolor for a landscape that had some challenging features.  This is a park in Ketchikan.


And now on to what you really want to see -- more puppy pics!


Truman started playing with Pippin this week!


They are getting along really well now.


We made a visit to the UW campus to visit a friend.  Here we are taking a potty break by the Montlake canal.

And here is Pip resting afterwards as we visited my friend at her office.

We had Winston and Chloe all day Thursday. 


Here is the Swanson's Nursery outing -- I found the perfect seat for them and for me.



This is on a car sketch outing -- they both sat quietly at my feet while I drew.


Another potty break at the cemetery:


Back home.....


 As I look outside at 7:45am it is still snowing....I hope to get out when it's light enough to get some more photos.   Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment