Monday, September 25, 2017

Dogs and Art, As Usual

Last Thursday I had Winston and Chloe all day, and Truman and Pippa both approved.


On Friday Tru and Pippa visited the local library, where we were saddened to learn that our favorite librarian, who always comes out to greet the hounds, will be retiring in early November.  Sniff.


I just learned today that Pippa has a new home lined up!!!  Next Sunday the rescue organization person will transport her to Vancouver Island, where she will get to live with an active retired woman who is very dachshund savvy (hm...sounds familiar).  I hope she'll be happy there.

On Saturday we visited the Shoreline Farmer's Market, where we were thwarted in our efforts to buy dog treats, as the dog treat vendor wasn't there this time.  Dang.


So we moved on to Mud Bay in Lake Forest Park to get dog treats, and met a lovely 15-year-old dachshund there.



Then I took the hounds across the street to Lyons Creek park, where Truman could wade in the lake.





On Sunday, Tina and I went to Sky Nursery to check out the annual koi show and to do a little sketching.  I found this lovely Barn Owl statue and resisted buying it ($189!).


I also resisted these statues.


Nor did I bring home any koi.






Next we headed up the road a ways to the Kruckeberg Garden in Shoreline for more sketching.



It's a small garden, mostly trees, but it has a lovely rock garden with a pond and stream.




I don't have any exciting plans for the week ahead other than the regular dental cleaning, a flu shot, dog walks, and back yard lounging.   Maybe I need to work more on the "active" part of "active retirement"!

2 comments:

  1. Very glad to hear that Pippa has found a new forever home. Hopefully Truman won't be too bummed out when she leaves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it, as they don't play together the way he did with Chloe. He should be happy to have me all to himself again!

      Delete