Monday, September 18, 2017

Monday Monday

The gray skies and the rains have returned, and that means I won't be getting out and about as much, and so unless something amazing happens (like a Swallow-tailed Gull), my plan is to post just once a week.  And if, like this coming week, the forecast calls for showers every single day, I may not even post that often!  There are only so many cute dachshund photos one can post to fill up space.

And indeed, the only thing I have to report on for today is one outing with Tina to the Capitol Hill neighborhood.  Some of the oldest and grandest homes in Seattle are found here, and we drove around until we found some we liked (well, actually, we liked them all and just drove around until we found a parking spot).

However, when it came to sketching, I found the grand homes overwhelming.  Architecture is not my strong suit.  So I walked around until something less daunting caught my eye -- and it turned out to be a front porch with wicker furniture.


The weather turned breezy and cool, so we decided to go to the nice, warm conservatory nearby to draw plants.


Plants can be overwhelming too, but I just focused on one small section and that seemed to be a bit more manageable.


That's all for this week -- Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment