Thursday, June 8, 2017

Get Outside While You Can

Yesterday, rain was in the forecast for today (and indeed, it is raining), so I wanted to get outside while I could.  Yesterday was another warm sunny day, and Truman and I made the most of it.

Naturally, we started at the Montlake Fill.



We happened upon some Barn Swallows collecting mud from a puddle right in the middle of the trail.




It was a lovely little spot, so I plonked the camp stool down right off the side of the path to do a sketch.


There were bunnies hopping around nearby.


One of them loped past in clear view of Truman, about ten feet away, and he, not being a normal dog, completely ignored it.


A female Red-winged Blackbird kept me company as I drew.  She spent most of the time foraging around the mud puddle, sometimes striding over towards where I sat, pausing at times to look at me, then going right back to foraging.  Only when another person walked down the trail did she fly up to the cattails.  As soon as they were gone, she hopped right back down by me.


The Osprey nest platform was also nearby, and I got to see a little bit of Osprey action.


After the Fill, we continued on to two other spots -- which I will post about tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment