Monday, January 24, 2022

One Dumb Dog, One Dumb Dog Owner

First, the art, which was rather coastal this week -- our first pic was of a lighthouse, which I drew in ink and then watercolor:


And the second pic we used was of the iconic cliffs of Dover, which I did in pencil and watercolor, rather quickly, for a loose effect:


Next, we move on to my other major creative endeavor of late, which is another Good Omens needlepoint project.  This time I'm using my own colored pencil drawing of Aziraphale at his desk, reading the Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch:


I popped it into the free, online pattern generator at pixel-stitch.net, and it came up with a 12"x14" piece with 35,000 stitches.  Yay!

I started this last November, and am nearly halfway through:


It may take until April or so to finish.  

Finally, on to our subject line.  Obviously, I am the dumb dog owner, and Pippin is the dumb dog in question.  The dumb thing I did was to leave a handful (about a tablespoon) of chocolate chips on the coffee table for all of sixty or so seconds while I went into the kitchen.  In my defense, neither dog has ever gotten up there to eat food, which I've left on that table countless times before. 

When I returned, there were no chocolate chips on the coffee table. Pippin stood right next to it, looking guilty, while Truman, so far as I could tell, had not budged from his perch atop the sofa.  So after a quick check on chocolate toxicity amounts per body weight, off I zipped to the emergency vet, as it was, of course, Saturday and our regular vet wasn't open.  There Pippin was forced to vomit his ill-gotten treat, and was given some stomach soothing drugs.  He was perfectly chipper about the whole affair, while I was left $361 poorer (but wiser).  

Here is the little bum lounging in the yard, on a day last week when it got near 60 degrees.  Isn't he ever so sweet?  Yes, he is, and that's how he gets away with everything.


Well, that's, thankfully, all for that week.  May your coming week (and mine) be less dramatic!


No comments:

Post a Comment