Monday, August 23, 2021

In Which I Don't Do Much (Again!)

More nothing to report!  Perhaps this blog ought to go biweekly?

Well, okay, a few little things happened.

My medal for finishing the virtual England walk arrived:


I'm waiting to start the next challenge until a friend can join in the fun -- we're planning to have a race around 50 virtual miles of Iceland.  Hope to get going this week, and I need to get going, because the silly medals and the app that counts my steps do seem to be motivational.  During a one-month period when I was doing the walks, I averaged 4.3 miles per day.  But during the past week's lull, when I had no virtual challenges, that dropped to 1.8.  Yikes!  

In artistic endeavors, there was only one Zoom sketch session last week, and I felt utterly uninspired by the photo, but did my best anyway:


As for the never-ending needlepoint project of the Good Omens photo:


I finished pages 1 - 3 of the pattern!!!!!  That's 15,300 stitches in just six weeks!  Whee!


Of course, there's still a lot of blank canvas there...for pages 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 of the pattern...sigh.

Still, it's encouraging to make progress, and see the figures emerge.  And when I finish the next line across, I'll be halfway there, so that's a good goal.  Right on schedule, too, at my initial estimate of 3-1/2 months to work this piece.  Stay tuned!

That's all to report -- maybe this coming week I'll be off to virtual Iceland.  

May you have lovely travels of your own, whether real or imaginary!





No comments:

Post a Comment