Monday, August 9, 2021

Even Shorter Than Last Week

 I really haven't been doing anything other than stitching on the needlepoint, doing the two weekly Zoom art sessions, and walking, walking, walking.  Sorry there isn't more to post about!

I finally got the medal for the very first virtual walk challenge completed -- London:


It features several spiffy charms:


As for art, we chose a complex scene of a tree rooted on a rock with mountains behind and a complex sky, which I did in ink and watercolor:


Our second picture was from a village in Italy featuring homes with conical roofs, which I did using only watercolor:


The needlepoint project, I'm sure you recall, is of this Good Omens Series 2 promo photo:


I've now been working on it for one month, and am getting closer to the tops of their heads -- yay!  


I've finished 10,333 stitches.  There are now 24,007 left to go.  So that's probably another 2-3 months of work, if I keep stitching as steadily as I have been.  I sure do know how to keep myself entertained.

As for walking, I've completed 70 miles of the 91-mile virtual walk from the west coast of England to the east, along Hadrian's Wall.  Yesterday was a record-setter:  it was beautiful weather for once (low to mid 60s!) in the morning, so I went for a six-mile walk along the riverfront.  That's the longest I've gone in one walk, and I took just two short rests along the way.  

That's all for this report.  I hope you are all doing fun things out there, too!






No comments:

Post a Comment