Monday, April 17, 2017

Saturday Sketching

On Saturday the Northend Urban Sketchers (me, Tina, Nicole, and Truman)  hung out on Capitol Hill.  My first sketch was of the reservoir building at Cal Anderson Park.



Our second stop was the Lakeview Cemetery which abuts Volunteer Park.  I found a view from which I could see the back side of the Volunteer Park conservatory.


I made an artistic decision to sketch the conservatory and the trees around it while completely ignoring the cemetery itself.


It was a bit colder than we wanted it to be -- there were blue skies, but there were also a ton of clouds which kept obscuring the warmth of the sun.  Happily, the weather was warmer on Sunday -- which I will post about tomorrow.

Saturday was also Truman's fifth birthday!   I am so blessed to have him in my life.


1 comment:

  1. I love how Truman is a member of the urban sketchers with his non-opposable thumbs and all - LOL. He's a great mascot however!

    ReplyDelete