Thursday, April 6, 2017

Go Away

Rain.
Rain.
Rain.
Rain.
GO AWAY.
The snow pack is happy.
The reservoirs are happy.
The trees are happy.
The flowers are happy.
The weeds are happy.
I AM NOT HAPPY.
GO AWAY!!!

Yesterday Truman and I had to vacate the house for four hours during pest control treatment.  It rained the whole time.  We spent over two hours at the Third Place Books common area, where I drew this continuous-line (mostly) sketch of the other folks escaping the rain:


We spent another hour in the car at a park eating lunch and being bored.  Then I drove to the Acacia Memorial Park and parked the car under a tree so I could draw one of the buildings there.  Even with the tree cover, I had to turn the windshield wipers on every few minutes so I could see clearly.


Finally we were able to return home, where I sat around watching baseball, waiting for the rain to let up so I could take my daily walk.  By the time it did let up, I was in my pajamas.  No walk for me.  Bah.

Did I mention how tired I (and the rest of Seattle) am of the rain?  Even Steve Pool, the KOMO weatherman, looks tired, and lately he has been apologizing to everyone, as if it were all his fault.

GO AWAY!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Poor weather man. I like the sketch of the building - very nice.
    I so enjoy watching 13 innings of baseball only to have the team lose she said sarcastically. Blah.
    Hope the rain goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Twins are doing better than the Mariners! With my MLB TV subscription, I get to watch the Twins and they're more fun so far.

      Delete
  2. It wouldn't be hard to do better than the Mariners LOL. It will turn around. Soon. I hope.

    ReplyDelete