Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Bird Sex!

I'll bet that got your attention.  I have a photo-sharing site on Flickr (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mizmak/)  where most of the photos I post get maybe 30 or so hits.  One day I put up a short video of Mallard Sex, and the next day, it had several thousand hits.  It does make one wonder what people really want out of the Internet, doesn't it?

Anyway, during a dog walk to Hidden Lake in Shoreview Park, I noticed a male Belted Kingfisher perched on a tree limb.  I aimed the camera at him just as he flew off to another tree -- where a female kingfisher waited.


And the next thing you know, they decided to start the baby kingfisher-making process.


They were way far off, so I couldn't get sharp photos, but it's pretty clear what's going on.


 Very exciting dog walk, indeed.

Oh, and because I'm sure you want to know, here is the direct link to the Mallard video:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mizmak/10368679745/

Or just watch it right here:


Isn't nature study fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment