Monday, January 13, 2020

Sketching to Music

The local sketch group met up at a music store last Wednesday -- Ted Brown Music, a big place with tons of instruments, which were challenging to draw.  Rather than try to sketch a whole row of guitars or violins or saxophones, I opted to do bits and pieces of different views from my vantage point by the front counter.


We got to listen to music while sketching over the store's speakers -- for the first hour it was peppy, 1980s pop, which got to me after a while (not my favorite stuff), so I took a break and asked the store manager if we could have something a bit more rockin'. 

He obliged with some Led Zeppelin and I was much happier.  Not sure about the other sketchers...but nobody complained!


I finished my drawing early, and wound up looking through the piano sheet music, and the next thing I knew, I was $52 poorer...but with three new collections to play -- one of Scottish folk tunes, one of traditional Irish songs, and a big, fat book of Baroque music.  Yay!


Lastly, here is a pic of Truman on one of our recent riverfront walks -- with tumbleweeds.  Tumbleweeds were in the news here not long back, when a windstorm blew thousands of them across a  highway, completely blocking it and swallowing not only cars, but a semi truck.  Twenty feet high in places, it took ten hours for a crew with snowplows to clear the roadway.  Yikes!


The ones we encountered on our walk were quite tame by comparison!

No comments:

Post a Comment