Monday, June 4, 2018

Welcome to Junuary

We had quite a lovely May here in the Pacific Northwest:  only a few sprinkles of rain, plenty of sunshine, lots of days in the high 60s/low 70s.  Going Outside Weather.

Now it is June 4th, and I've turned the heat on in the morning for 3 of those 4 days.  And I've been staring at my NatureBright SunTouch lightbox, which is designed to "boost your mood and energy throughout the year by mimicking the effects of a sunny sky."  I'll bet they do a booming business in this neck'o'the woods.

But hey, it's Spring, and lovely Spring things are happening regardless of the temperature, such as this:

And this:


 Please Don't Eat the Daisies


Oh, well, there were too many daisies in the yard anyway.


Dog cuteness overload:  Pippin tries to make nice to Chloe


There were more signs of Spring at the Montlake Fill this past week:


One of these things is not like the other:


And of course, it isn't Spring without goslings:



Before the arrival of Junuary, I managed to do a little sketching in my garden:



Even after the arrival of Junuary, I managed to get outside once -- in fact, my friends and I got out yesterday morning, during the only two hours on Sunday that weren't drizzly.



Then it was back inside for indoor practice sketching from photographs:

from a photograph by Beth Moon from her amazing book Ancient Trees

So that was my exciting week.  Now it's back to Junuary.  It is currently 49 degrees with completely socked-in gray skies.

Perhaps I'll get outside again in July....

2 comments:

  1. Lovely sketches - I don't remember seeing them on Facebook, but my phone battery is threatening to die, so I'm trying not to use it too much. Tristan enjoyed the rabbits & baby birds/ducks. He has a brand new brother now - Wyatt Xander. The little brother looks just like the big brother at birth except Wyatt has darker hair.

    Pssst - the Mariners are in first place - don't tell anyone LOL - let's just come in under the radar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't post the sketches on FB, didn't think they were all that exciting. Saw your post about Wyatt. Now they can form a barbershop quartet when they're older.

      Mariners rule!!!!

      Delete