Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Catching Up, Part 1

After an unexpected delay caused by a certain adorable puppy chewing up a laptop cord, I am finally able to blog again!  I have forgiven the adorable puppy.  I just hope we can get through his teething phase without further mishaps.

So these photos are from the first week of the year!  Next time I'll post stuff from the second week, and then we'll be close to caught up.  Whew.


On New Year's Day, I took the Hounds to the Montlake Fill -- it was Pippin's first visit there.


He loved the smells.

I introduced him to the concept of sitting still while I looked at birds.  We practiced on this lovely Wood Duck.


Pippin took his cue from Truman and waited patiently for me to finish.


Afterwards, I rewarded him with a visit to a pet supply store.


And then made him go to a bookstore.


Back home, he crashed on the armchair...I may need to get a bigger one.



He is now nearly four months old and has grown from 3lbs to 5lbs.  He's doing very well on training, and knows "sit", "stay", "come", and "roll over", and is making progress on "leave it."  As for housetraining, he's had one accident over the past 16 days.  Yay!

He has a gazillion toys to play with, such these:


Yet his favorite thing to play with is an old shirt that I tied knots in:


He also enjoys Thursdays, when Winston and Chloe spend the day here.


Winston likes Pippin, while Chloe kind of tolerates him for short periods.



They really love their back yard, either for running and chasing, or for digging.





Okay, so I didn't spend all of my time hanging out with the hounds -- I did manage to get out for one short sketch outing with Tina at the Woodland Park Zoo.




The next weekend, we sketched at an antique mall.  I'll post an update on that (and more adorable puppy pics) next time!

3 comments:

  1. Truman seems to be a very good mentor. I forgot to ask when I saw these on Facebook, but what does the rest of your pillow say? A day without books is like a day without???? Sunshine? Chocolate? Dogs? Birds? Enquiring minds must know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "A room without books is like a body without a soul." -Cicero

      Delete
    2. Ah - that's a good quote. Thanks for clearing that up.

      Delete