Friday, August 25, 2017

The Road Home

After two weeks visiting family and friends in southeastern Washington, Truman and I finally headed home on Wednesday, though we didn't go the whole way that day.

Here we are at the rest area at Selah just outside Yakima:


The bathroom there was in the most disgusting state of uncleanliness that I've ever seen in a WA state rest area.  But we survived.

Then we made it to Roslyn, a small town outside Cle Elum a bit more than halfway along our route home.  This place is on the National Historic Register due to its lovely old buildings, which Truman admired greatly.






I tried to sketch here but it got too windy, so we just admired the buildings some more.


Then we tootled on down the road another three miles to the even tinier town of Ronald (population: 265), where Michelle and Steve have a vacation home which they kindly allowed me to use.  This is the view out their front window:


Truman and I had a very relaxing stay there, with a walk in the woods and a lot of peace and quiet.

On Thursday I drove back to Seattle via mostly back roads (I-90 to North Bend, then to Snoqualmie, Fall City, Redmond, Kirkland, Kenmore, Lake Forest Park, HOME!


Truman was thrilled to have his window back.  He is now a very happy dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment