Monday, June 6, 2022

Did I Say No to More Needlepoint? Hm....

The first time I did a Good Omens needlepoint, it was very very hard and took a lot of time but I loved the picture, and the results were totally worth the effort.


So I did a second one.  It was nearly as difficult, and took nearly as long, but instead of loving it, I wound up disliking the picture so much that I almost gave up at the two-thirds point.  I did finish it, and then swore that I'd never do another needlepoint.


Well...guess what?

Yes, I did a third one.  You see, I had already purchased all of the supplies for it, and it seemed a shame to let those go to waste.  And the picture was considerably less complex, which made for much easier and faster stitching. 

Here's the photo I used:

It was the same size as the others, around 12 x 15" and 35,000 stitches.  There were 52 colors.


The only seriously difficult section was Aziraphale's bow tie:


The rest of it was easy enough that I breezed through it 59 days, averaging 600 stitches a day.  (The previous two averaged 300 a day.)  

Here is the finished needlepoint:


Anyway, I enjoyed that one a lot.  It's a nice way to watch baseball in the evenings, because I can just sit on the sofa with all the supplies on the coffee table and stitch away, and I only have to look up at the TV when I hear the crack of a bat.  Win all round.

Needless to say, I have a lot of supplies left over...hm.  Wonder what I should do with them?

In other artistic endeavors, we had our usual art practice sessions over Zoom.  This one is my more typical style -- ink and watercolor, very realistic, which is what I like to do:


The other one, however, turned out a bit differently.  You see, the group chose this photo to draw/paint, and I found it less than inspiring:


So I decided to have a little fun with it...and proceeded to go wild and crazy by deconstructing the window and the bicycle in a colorful modern art fashion:


People seemed to like it a lot.  Don't know if I'll ever do that sort of thing again, but you never know!

That's all for now.  Have a great week out there, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment