Monday, June 13, 2022

Defeated by Grass Pollen

I wasn't able to get out and about much this past week due to very high grass pollen which gave me horrible allergy attacks if I spent even a few minutes anywhere near a lawn.  There is a lot of grass at our favorite parks, so I had to walk the dogs around the Uptown shopping center or other concrete-heavy areas.  Sigh.

Even going into my own backyard was hazardous, though I did manage to snap these few pics of the lupine blooming:



The lilies in the front yard are looking good, too:


Meanwhile, in dachshund land, I finally have a wonderful photo of Truman to share.  Pippin is much more the photogenic one, and tends to get way more air time than poor Truman, who often looks anxious.  But the groomer managed to take a pic of Truman this week that I just adore:


He looks so confident! Possibly even ready to run for office.  Vote for Truman!  His platform is Free Treats for All.

When he got home from the groomer, Pippin had to sniff him thoroughly to make sure I'd brought back the right dog.  He did definitely smell different, as in clean.


As for the art projects this week, here is a lantern in a Kyoto garden which I did with grey ink and watercolor:


And here is a reflective stream which I did with just watercolor:


Finally, the custom frame I ordered for my Good Omens needlepoint arrived, and I put it all together, and it was perfect:


Here it is on the bedroom wall along with my oil painting of a daVinci angel and my drawing of Crowley in the bookshop which is hard to see but oh well.  I'm always rearranging the dozens and dozens of pictures and art work on the walls in my home, so this will probably change at some point. But it will do for now.


That's all for this time.  
Have a great week out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment