Monday, November 15, 2021

When in Doubt, Post Cute Dachshund Pics

 It was a relatively quiet week, with walking and drawing and hanging around with wiener dogs, thusly:



There were a few nice birds now and then on our riverside walks, including Common Loons, who are Winter visitors:




And there were plenty of gulls, including this Ring-billed Gull who gave me the stink-eye:


The sketching was so-so, and seemed overly heavy on trees and other green stuff.  I did this fence with moss-covered rocks piece in ink and watercolor:


For this picture of aspens against a very dark background, I opted to use the Adobe Fresco digital drawing program on the iPad:



The weather cooperated for walking, especially one day when it was mild and sunny and I just couldn't seem to get enough walks in -- I just kept going and going, until I broke my old daily steps/mileage record:


Whee!  Ten miles!!!   In one day!  I was pretty chuffed about that.  And just a little tired at the end of the day -- I slept very well that night.

And now for more cute dachshund pics!  We had a delivery one day, and Pippin was eager to know what was coming:


What was coming was a new recliner!  Hooray!  Now the living room looks cozier, and if two people come to visit me, as they do from time to time, each will have their very own chair and won't be forced (shudder) to share the sofa with me:


Naturally, because this is my house, the chair could not remain unembellished.  Within minutes of its arrival, it somehow acquired a decorative throw, and Pippin approved:


That's all for now.  We have colder weather on the way, even a minor threat of snow, so there may not be much to report next time!

Have a great week out there, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment