Monday, November 29, 2021

No New Oil Painting This Week

 I'm waiting for art supplies to arrive before tackling more oil painting.  Every time I order supplies, which the company sends via FedEx, I get a message with a tracking number that says my package will arrive on a certain date, and then every single time, the package does not arrive on that date.  Instead, it suddenly vanishes into a black hole called "delivery information pending".  

And then it arrives the next day or the day after.  Go figure.  

So, in the meantime, as I await the supplies needed to try more oil painting, have a cute bird to look at:


This is a Horned Grebe, one of our regular Winter visitors, hanging out on the Columbia River.  Here it is again, preening those hard-to-reach spots:


And here it is giving me one of those What are you looking at expressions:


As for the group sketch sessions, I managed to do things that I liked well enough to share.  Yay.

The first is a geological formation known as Blackchurch Rock on the coast of county Devon, UK.  I used watercolor and water-soluble ink pens, and was pretty happy with the reflection:


The second one was a narrow street somewhere in France, with a lot of shop signs and a tricky drain pipe, not to mention a bit of challenging perspective.  I used ink and watercolor:


It's still warm enough for walking, and the Hounds and I got out to Columbia Point, where we haven't been for a while.  There was a bit of lovely autumnal color in the area where the fire swept through last Spring:


Pippin and Truman enjoyed the walk, even though Truman couldn't use his beloved stroller on the rocky path:


Not a terribly exciting week all in all, but these days, that is a fine thing indeed!

Have a good week out there, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment