Monday, October 11, 2021

A Discombobulated Weekend

This post is a bit late due to the presence of my first houseguests in two years, who arrived Friday and left this morning.  Two former coworkers, Cyn and Sandra, who live in the Puget Sound area, seem to enjoy coming to the Tri-Cities for vacations (they were my last houseguests two years ago, too!).

On Saturday we made a day trip to Walla Walla (takes around one hour to get there one way), an older town where we admired the architecture, shopped at antique stores, and had lunch.  The lunch place served a locally brewed root beer that was the best I've ever tasted, so we had to make a special trip out to the brewery to load up on bottles to take home.  And we stopped in at a winery for a tasting--this whole area is known for its award-winning wineries and we could hardly move without tripping over one.

On Sunday we just kicked around Richland a bit and relaxed.  All in all, a fine visit, and one that got me to clean my house really well.  I even cleared all of the art supplies off of the dining table!  I'm looking forward to messing everything up again.

In other updates from last week, Pippin's girlfriend Madison came by for a visit, and this time she was not quite so dominating.  



They romped and wrestled and Madison rolled over a lot...





They did an excellent job of wearing each other out.


As for artistic endeavors last week, I missed one of our drawing sessions due to the Houseguests, but for the second meeting, I did this watercolor of an Icelandic scene:


What I find challenging about these sessions is that we have only about an hour and 15 minutes for actual drawing/painting time, and while I don't have to finish the picture during the session, we do share our work at the end and I like to have it as close to done as possible.  So it keeps me from overthinking things, and tends to result in looser work than I might do otherwise.  

And finally, the Good Omens needlepoint project is getting very, very close to the finish line:


I'm on the last two rows!!!!  Whee hoo!!!  There are a bit over 2,100 stitches left to do!!!

WHEW. 
What I'll do when the last stitch is done is jump up and down and shout for joy and then sit back down and think, Okay...NOW what do I do next to entertain myself?  Hm.....

Be afraid.  Be very very afraid.

That's all for this update.  Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment