Monday, November 23, 2020

Not Full of Good Omens

 There are no new Good Omens drawings to share -- such a disappointment to all, I am quite certain. So sorry!

I did use my own art to make calendars, bookmarks, mugs, and other assorted items at Vistaprint, which is a fine place to do reproductions.  So that took care of my Christmas shopping.

And I made two little GIFs just for fun:


I was amused by the way Crowley stands on the running board as he exits his Bentley, for no reason whatever other than affectation.  

And I also did this one, from one of my favorite little moments:


I did do some other drawing last week, though.  We had four Zoom sketch get-togethers!  For the first one, we chose a lighthouse with sailing ship:


The ship turned out fine, not so keen on the lighthouse.

For the next meet-up, we did this bell tower:


It's okay, though I think it might have been better with ink and watercolor instead of colored pencils.

We chose a colorful insect called a Cuckoo Wasp for the third get-together, and time, colored pencil worked brilliantly:


For the fourth meeting, Tina presented us with a small challenge.  She chose this monochrome photo of a carousel horse, and wanted us to use the most vibrant colors we could to paint it.  She loves rich colors.


We all worked away for 45 minutes or so on our horses, and did not talk about what colors we had chosen.  When it came time for sharing, Tina's horse was painted yellow with a blue mane, and Nicole's was yellow with a purple mane, and Michelle chose yellow with a blueish-purple mane, while I used yellow-orange with red mane with some purple in it.  Apparently, yellow is the color of choice when one thinks of "vibrant"!


But then Jocelyn shared her drawing...and her horse was pink.  Honestly, what was she thinking?

I'm pretty sure those four sketch meetings were the reason I didn't get around to drawing anything else.  This coming week we are back to our usual two meetings.  Whew.

That's all from here -- have a great week out there!



No comments:

Post a Comment