Monday, September 2, 2019

A Little New Art

It's been very quiet here of late, mostly because it's been 90+ out every single day for ages and after the very early morning dog walk, I hide indoors and lounge around a lot.  It's been so dull here that I actually spent time last week cleaning the house.  Well, at least, a little bit.

I did get out to a sketch outing -- the group met at a private home where the owners had antique cars out for us to draw.


There were some very cool vehicles there, both restored and not.



I tried something a bit different -- a montage of sketches in different media.  Top is brush pen with a light watercolor wash, middle is sepia pen, and bottom is my more usual pen drawing with watercolor.  Fun stuff to try!


Even more fun was this month's watercolor society challenge:  paint a place you've visited in the style of a postcard (though it could be any size -- mine is 6x9 inches).  I borrowed the lettering from an online postcard, then filled it in with scenes from my own vacation photos.  I think it turned out quite nicely, if I do say so myself.


One day I got bored, which is sometimes dangerous, and decided the gray wall with the fireplace simply had to go away.  I mean, really, who paints interior walls gray?


So I went out and bought some lavender paint and made it disappear!  I had fun with the fireplace bricks as well. 


That's it for this week.  I'm tired of the heat.  It's September, it should be cooling down!  Even the Hounds are tired of it:


Now I'd better get them out for their early morning walk while it's still only 70 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment