Monday, May 6, 2019

Still Sketching Once in a While

I admit that I haven't been doing a lot artistically of late.  In fact, I haven't done a lot of anything of late -- just the usual dog walks by the river, a bit of needlepoint, a lot of reading, a lot of patio lounging, a lot of baseball watching, and my little two-hour-a-week library book shop volunteer gig.

And that's fine, because as I keep explaining to someone who reads this blog regularly, I am retired and don't have to do things!  Sure, retired people can do lots of fun stuff if they want to these days, but hey, I enjoy lounging around.  So I do.

However, once in a while it's good to get out and about and do something (like maybe twice a month or so).  And hey, I did!


This is a used bookstore in Richland.  It is, sadly, the only used bookstore in Richland.  And it isn't underground.  However, it is nice and big and full of books.


The Tri-Cities Urban Sketchers group chose to meet there this week, and I chose to join them.


I decided to sketch in the children's section, where a display of giant stuffed toys graced the tops of the bookcases.  Curious George in particular spoke to me.  (I'm not too sure what the white toy was supposed to be, though possibly a polar bear, to which I did not to justice.)


Other folks drew a wide variety of things -- the place has a huge gaming/toy section as well, with lots of interesting collectibles.   Here is some work by the other sketchers:


One of the group's co-leaders likes to take candid photos of the sketchers in action.  Look who got caught:


And this was taken after I noticed what was going on.  I'm not sure what that expression is, other than What the hey?


And here is the group photo, taken in a back room which was decorated with Sci-Fi and gaming fans in mind.


That was pretty much all the socializing I needed for one week.  And now I plan to return to my standard power lounging mode.  Try it -- you might like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment