Thursday, June 26, 2014

Testing: I may revive this blog...stay tuned....

Currently Reading

Fiction
Black Orchids (Rex Stout)
Classic mystery (actually, two novellas in one book) featuring Nero Wolfe, grower of orchids, gourmand, and solver of most puzzling crimes.

Nonfiction
Ghost Hunters: William James and the Search for Scientific Proof of Life After Death (Deborah Blum).  From the back cover:  "At the close of the 19th century...a small group of scientists launched a determined investigation into 'unexplainable' incidences of clairvoyance and ghostly visitations.  Led by William James, the renowned philosopher...they staked their reputations...on one of the most extraordinary psychological quests ever undertaken...."

Photo for Today


Common Yellowthroat

8 comments:

  1. I would certainly miss you on LJ. I'd hope somebody with a paid account would set up an RSS feed for this blog so that I could still see a pointer to your posts on my friendspage. If that didn't happen I'd probably read the blog once a month or so and you would get little blorfs of commentary when that happened.

    I dislike all blogging platforms about equally, but especially the ones using certain kinds of commenting software. Blogspot doesn't have that problem as far as I know.

    P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang. So LJ is the only place you read blogs? I don't understand how the RSS feed/paid account stuff works. But then, I don't know how 90% of the Interweb works. Well, we shall have to wait and see...still no response from LJ on the commenting issue. Sigh.

      Delete
  2. I have always preferred this blog to the LJ blog anyway. LJ seems to have lots of problems, not least of which is the stupid unable to comment problem of the last few days. That has happened to me before. Go back to this one. As for pameladean - it's not that hard to add something to your Favorites list for crying out loud. So, choose wisely grasshopper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I vastly prefer this one, too. For one thing, no annoying ads!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I forgot. I have a feeling that Truman might possibly eat his weight in roast chicken. I know I could - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Truman has bronchitis! He can't go to daycare until he is feeling better, probably another week or so. He is getting some chicken as a special "get well soon" treat.

      Delete
    2. Poor baby. Give him a hug from me please. He is so sweet.

      Delete
  4. I'm pretty drifty in my old age. I totally forgot this blog existed. I do check LJ every day out of habit. To be honest, I'd probably forget to check your blog here unless you told me you posted something new.

    ReplyDelete