Monday, September 19, 2022

Just Another Good Omens Needlepoint Done

It's nice to have something to do while watching baseball games on TV, and I watch a lot of them (the Twins and the Mariners).  Needlepoint projects are perfect.  I can spread the supplies over the coffee table and just stitch away, and I don't need to fret too much about losing my place in the complex patterns because with baseball games you only need to look at the TV when you hear the sound of a bat making contact with a ball.  Yay!

I've done three needlepoints during this year's baseball season, all images of my favorite characters from Good Omens.  Two of them were 35,000 stitches, and the latest one that I just finished was 62,000.  Wahoo!  

Here's the photo I used for the pattern -- it's my own colored pencil drawing of Aziraphale the angel holding his beloved books:


Very complicated!

And here is the needlepoint, which looks a little skewed here because the stitch tension tends to warp the canvas a bit as one goes along.  I'm currently in the process of blocking (straightening) it.

Next I'm going to do Crowley, with wings.  It's also 62,000 stitches, which will definitely get me through the playoffs and the World Series and far beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment